Seeking whip-smart, fun, entrepreneurial, and intuitive part-time interns. This is an unpaid opportunity, for 2-5 hours per week (hours are very flexible). You will be paving the way to support women worldwide through meaningful travel, and to building a one-of-a-kind business. Your assistance helps lay a foundation for the success of a locally based, globally minded social venture. Read on for the full description.
Why it's awesome to be a Half Sky Intern
• Real, first-hand experience starting a social entrepreneurship from the ground up
• University credit possible depending on your program’s criteria (this is an unpaid opportunity)
• Become part of a community of international women’s leaders
• Gain skills related to project management, client management, proposal creation, budgeting, digital marketing, travel, and trip-planning
• Gain knowledge of the world of international development, fundraising, and donor stewardship
• Research-lovers can dig deeply into relevant news, travel advice, and destinations
• Use your compelling writing skills to be a voice on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In
• Baked goods, coffee, and frequent happy hours, if you like that sort of thing
- Knowledge of (and interest in) current global issues relating to women and girls, relationships with any key leaders and organizations a bonus
- In passionate agreement that investing in women and girls is key to global improvement
- Your own laptop (Mac environment preferred
- Understanding of all the basic computer stuff, with skills exceeding era of Web 2.0 and immersed in social media landscape
- Entrepreneurial, get ‘er done attitude
- Organized, attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skill
- A deep understanding of customer service, etiquette, cross-cultural respect
Bonus if you have....
- Fundraising or related experience
- Adobe CS / layout / design skills
- Basic HTML understanding, CMS experience (Weebly CMS)
- Some nifty worldwide travel adventure stories under your belt
- A knack for social media, experience with Hootsuite
- Photography and/or videography skills
- Database knowledge/experience (Salesforce, Blackbaud, Insightly)
- Financial chops/budget-minded (Spreadsheet Wizardry, Freshbooks, Quickbooks)
- Streamline a database / client relationship management system
- Help prepare marketing and outreach materials
- Create compelling social media messages, e-news, etc.
- Research prospects, potential partners, travel destinations
- Basic record-keeping and accounting
- Event planning
If you are interested in rolling up your sleeves and helping this one-woman business become something bigger, please send an email with your cover letter and resumé.
Ila Asplund, Founder/CEO, Half Sky Journeys
Visit this page often for the latest news on travel, women and girls' empowerment, and lots of other things we love.