Summer is just around the corner and it's time to ramp things up at Half Sky Journeys!
Why it's awesome to be part of Half Sky Journeys
• Real, nitty-gritty first-hand experience building a social entrepreneurship from the ground up
• University credit possible depending on your university program’s criteria (note: this is an unpaid/volunteer opportunity)
• Participate in Advisory Board meetings with a stellar group PDX-based business leaders
• Become part of a community of international women’s leaders
• Gain skills related to project management, client management, proposal creation, budgeting, digital marketing
• Gain knowledge of the world of international development, fundraising, and donor stewardship
• Research-lovers can dig deeply into prospect profiles, relevant news, travel advice, and destinations
• Use your compelling writing skills to be a voice on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In
• Receive appreciation in the form of baked goods, coffee, and frequent happy hours (if you like that sort of thing!)
- Knowledge of (and interest in) current global issues relating to women and girls
- In passionate agreement that investing in women and girls is key to global improvement
- Your own laptop (Mac environment preferred), tech savvy
- Entrepreneurial, get ‘er done attitude
- Organized, attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skill
- A deep understanding of customer service, etiquette, cross-cultural respect
Bonus if you have....
- Fundraising or sales-related experience
- Adobe CS / layout / design skills
- Basic HTML understanding, CMS experience (Weebly CMS)
- Some nifty worldwide travel adventure stories under your belt
- A knack for social media, experience with Hootsuite
- Photography and/or videography skills
- CRM Database knowledge/experience (Salesforce, Blackbaud, Insightly)
- Financial chops/budget-minded (Spreadsheet Wizardry, Freshbooks, Quickbooks)
- Streamline a database / client relationship management system
- Help prepare marketing and outreach materials
- Create compelling social media messages, e-news, etc.
- Research prospects, potential partners, travel destinations
- Basic financial record-keeping
- Event planning
If you are interested in rolling up your sleeves and helping this one-woman business become something bigger, please send an email with your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include:
1. Whether you are seeking mentorship, volunteering, or internship
2. Why you are interested in this opportunity
3. How you heard about Half Sky Journeys
Ila Asplund, Founder/CEO, Half Sky Journeys
Visit this page often for the latest news on travel, women and girls' empowerment, and lots of other things we love.